Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado GOP trying religious freedom
RE: Colorado GOP trying religious freedom
(03-23-2018, 09:19 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 06:16 PM)JFerio Wrote: ... Plus, I view it as treating some religions differently than others to carve out this sort of exemption. ...

In all of your post describing this problem, this jumped out at me as a possible solution. Hasn't your Supreme Court ruled on it being unconstitutional to treat different religions differently? And also that it's unconstitutional to base a law on any religious belief?

As Matrix noted, it doesn't stop them from continuing to try, either in an effort to finally find the "secret sauce" to making it actually be legal, or hoping that we'll just finally let one through because we're all stretched too thinly.

My husband did note that it has to get out of committee, the government needs to vote to actually implement it, and our governor would likely veto it and there's not enough votes to make it veto proof.

With this sort of thing happening, I feel rather justified in the idea that I should be allowed to discriminate against anyone who insists their religious dogma trumps my right to exist in public as who I am versus who they think I should be based on a restricted interpretation of moral code.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colorado GOP trying religious freedom - by LynnInDenver - 03-23-2018, 10:03 PM