RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
03-28-2018, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2018, 09:13 PM by robkelk.)
03-28-2018, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2018, 09:13 PM by robkelk.)
(03-28-2018, 03:15 AM)Labster Wrote: ...
In a related but-not-really question -- are the Phantomhives natives of this dimension? Could my SI learn of Ciel through fiction? Could some of my people from other universes know of him though fiction?
I just realized I missed this part of the post. Going in reverse order:
It's canon that Sailor Moon exists in the Toradora! universe, and both Haruhi Suzumiya and Full Metal Panic! exist in the Lucky Star universe. I see no reason not to generalize that, especially in universes remarkably similar to our own. (So, yeah, why not have Tomo and Osaka recognize Ciel - or Akari - from a manga?) I've even added an off-the-cuff comment to one story about my SI re-reading a Discworld book and justifying it as research.
I got the Sailor Senshi to be willing to talk to my SI by showing Ami a copy of the Sailor Moon manga, so that precedent has been set.
As for who is and isn't a native of this worldline... I think Blackaeronaut would be better able to answer that one. His post in this thread on 2018-03-19, 06:25 seems to indicate that either everybody's a native or nobody is.
--
Rob Kelk
Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
Boycotting ALL products from the USA as long as that country's leader continues to lie about my native country.
Government of Canada: How to immigrate to Canada
Government of Canada: Claiming refugee protection (asylum) from within Canada
Rob Kelk
Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
Boycotting ALL products from the USA as long as that country's leader continues to lie about my native country.
Government of Canada: How to immigrate to Canada
Government of Canada: Claiming refugee protection (asylum) from within Canada

