Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A >small< ship, but still no stars to steer her by
RE: A >small< ship, but still no stars to steer her by
I spent most of the day looking at Art Deco stuff, then made new nacelle housings (the internals are still the same.) They don't glow as much or from as many angles, but they're better at looking Deco so that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Also, they have a Starfleet swooshy logo! Yay? I threw some fake windows on basically at random as well, since I made a boolean opbject for TNG-style 18 x 72 inch tall ones, plus a double-width ersion for the mess hall windows, and something TOS like for the pylons and rollbar since a tall window would get in the way of the equipment in the walls, and round shapes are also Deco so it's fine. I'll probably add some on the saucer as well later to mix it up a bit.

The two windows on the rollbar are there for the benefit of brew who have to climb up in there to do stuff, such as maintain the aft RCS cluster or work at the console in the access corridor for some reason, so they don't get all claustrophobic. Or just to get some privacy and be able to play music no one else likes I guess, since it is a tiny little ship and habitable space is limited.

[Image: Q7S9WKdl.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A >small< ship, but still no stars to steer her by - by classicdrogn - 04-19-2018, 09:14 AM