RE: I'm seriously tempted...
07-05-2018, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2018, 09:54 AM by robkelk.)
07-05-2018, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2018, 09:54 AM by robkelk.)
Good question - and the Dell website doesn't have an easily-located answer.
Also: no optical drive.
(I played with the system customizer on the Dell website. I can't have the extended battery and a second drive, which is annoying in a chassis with four drive bays - what's the point of getting RAID if you can't rely on the box being available for hours? A high-end but not highest-end box with a docking station would set me back $5,690.34 Canadian after tax. A lower-end-but-still-impressive box with one HDD and no docking station would set me back $2,713.55 Canadian after taxes.)
Also: no optical drive.
(I played with the system customizer on the Dell website. I can't have the extended battery and a second drive, which is annoying in a chassis with four drive bays - what's the point of getting RAID if you can't rely on the box being available for hours? A high-end but not highest-end box with a docking station would set me back $5,690.34 Canadian after tax. A lower-end-but-still-impressive box with one HDD and no docking station would set me back $2,713.55 Canadian after taxes.)
--
Rob Kelk
Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
Boycotting ALL products from the USA as long as that country's leader continues to lie about my native country.
Government of Canada: How to immigrate to Canada
Government of Canada: Claiming refugee protection (asylum) from within Canada
Rob Kelk
Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
Boycotting ALL products from the USA as long as that country's leader continues to lie about my native country.
Government of Canada: How to immigrate to Canada
Government of Canada: Claiming refugee protection (asylum) from within Canada

