Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion Over Rules
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
Oh, here's a little something from my dev file for DW-S.  It's a clip from one of the discussion threads on rpg.net for Shadowjack's "In Which I Watch Sailor Moon", and it's about quantifying the Sailor Senshi's uniforms in GURPS terms, based on events in episode 110 involving Neptune and Uranus:
Quote:(Assumptions-Neptune and Uranus were being shot at by an M61 Vulcan cannon firing solid slugs.)

GURPS 4th Edition

Okay, the stats for the M61 Vulcan shows a 6dx3 pi++ (6dx3, multiply all damage that penetrates armor/DR by 2). The average roll is going to be about 21, so call it 63-64 points of damage. And, anything that gets through is multiplied by 2. Also, our girls will take one HP in damage for every ten points they take if they're wearing "soft" armor that stops the attacks (blunt trauma damage). But...if they let any damage through, it's salami time (no blunt trauma damage, but all damage is multiplied by two-so, if even one point gets through...), we have to assume the upper range-108 points of damage per hit.

It takes a LOT of rounds to batter them down....so, I'd say they have about DR 110 with the limitations of Soft Armor (-40%), which means they can start taking blunt trauma damage to knock them down to 1/3rd HP, probably with a few levels of Hard to Kill on top of it. If you want to make them able to do the whole "withstand earth-shattering magical attacks" I'd buy some more DR with the limitation of "only versus magical attacks".

Hopefully this helps give you a place to start quantifying.

EDIT: I also have notes about the Senshi in Nobilis terms, even though I know nothing about the game system...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
Discussion Over Rules - by Labster - 11-28-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules - by Rajvik - 08-11-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: [OOC][Info] Discussion Over Rules - by Rajvik - 08-12-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Bob Schroeck - 08-09-2018, 12:38 PM