Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
I was thinking that Shaoran is actually more of a combat mage than Sakura is.  But actually my bigger problem is with the idea of child soldiers, a problem that is pretty pervasive in anime.  One part I liked about Cardcaptor Sakura is that we got to see a young magical girl without putting her in mortal danger.  Probably the most dangerous part in the whole show was when ILLUSION convinced her to walk off a cliff.

By the time that takes place, Sakura and Shaoran will have fought against Cinder, but from their own choice that accidentally pushes them into combat, not because of a planned operation.  It's just not the same.  That said, if Kero-chan or Yue would be useful, that'd probably be okay.

Here's a story fragment. For those of you reading for fun, it's just a preview of a side story set in Little Tokyo.  For those of you who are authors, this is important context for the Halloween chapter:
Quote:"Hey, buy this for me."  Tomo held up an elaborate pink ballpoint pen, emblazoned with colorful hearts and with little plastic wings attached.  It looked like exactly the kind of thing a wannabe magical girl would use.

"Aren't you a little old for that, Tomo?"

"Nope.  It's cute."

"Well, use your own money."

"Don't wanna."  She pushed it towards me.

"It's just a silly pen!"

She went right up to my ear, "Buy it! Buy it! Buy it!"

"Okay, fine."  It was overpriced plastic, but still plastic.

Tomo was spinning her new pen around. "What's that?" Kagura asked.

"Check out my super-cute pen.  I used my feminine wiles to get Brent to buy it for me."

"I don't remember it that way," I noted.

Kagura concluded, "Huh, that's a good idea."  She held up a two-piece swimsuit in front of herself.  "Don't you think I'd look good in this, Brent?"

"Uh, yeah."  Definitely yes.

"Oh well, I'm running a little short, so guess I'll have to put it back…"

"Don't worry about that, I'll buy it for you."

"Thanks Brent!"

Tomo just glared at me for the next five minutes.
I was going to post the Halloween bit on the wiki now, but I'm falling asleep now, so it's going to have to be tomorrow.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 08-27-2018, 03:39 AM