Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(07-29-2018, 08:57 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Okay, how about this.  I know I've put a moratorium on fanfic materials, but it was mainly to keep us from getting swamped by the various fanfic versions of the Sailor Senshi outside the two anime series and the manga.  And this can be explained in that the version of the material that has the strongest following is the one that has the most influence on the Metacontuity - it's that whole malleability thing.

That said... I would not mind if we started taking on traits of our various SI's. Nothing OP at first. It's gonna be little things. Like for my character it will be the Magic ECM at first - which is gonna be funny as fuck to see Tohsaka Rin react to* - and not much else. Then a bit later, the nullifier abilities kick in and is first noticed by the Puella Magi when being in Ben's presence suddenly makes them dizzy (AMF field would mess with their Soul Gems' connection to their bodies).

I just had a thought... (consults Wikipedia to double-check - recollections confirmed!) ...and it just might work as a catalyst for my SI to start unlocking powers. And it's in-universe, too, tying together Chinese Astrology and a stanza in the Poetic Edda in a way that will benefit people who were born the year that I was born and curse everyone else: drink the waters from Hvergelmir, one of the Three Wells of Yggdrasil.

Anybody else would risk taking on wyrmlike or woodlike traits (or a fusion of both, becoming a Níðhöggr-like being), but Chinese astrology says I'm already a Wood Dragon so the waters wouldn't do those things to Rob, especially if Sakura uses her Cards to divine the most auspicious moment for Rob to drink the waters from Hvergelmir. And with Ruiko unlocking her esper Skill, there's no reason for Rob not to have an ability of some sort, so there wouldn't be any mental blocks left in the way of him developing powers.

As to what those particular powers might be, I'm not yet sure, but considering Hvergelmir is the fount of the rivers of Asgard, they should tie in with pure or holy water - giving my SI common ground with Sailor Neptune and Brent's version of Akari. (Considering also that Hvergelmir is surrounded by snakes, Rob might also pick up Parseltongue - and never know it. Smile )

All I need to do is get Rob to actually obtain waters from Hvergelmir... but that shouldn't be too difficult to make happen. ("Urd, just what was in that drink?" Dodgy )

Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh - the Prose Edda also mentions that Hvergelmir is worse than poison, so drinking it would entail quite a risk. (Of course, in this setting that might refer to the risk of becoming a Nídhogg-like being.) Better make sure Sakura does that divination, and Urd treats the water appropriately.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 09-09-2018, 01:32 PM