Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
It promises to be a campaign the likes of which we haven't seen for about two years
RE: It promises to be a campaign the likes of which we haven't seen for about two years
#7
CBC Opinion: Republicans won a great, pyrrhic victory with Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation

I do not agree with everything said in this op/ed. For one thing, I think Dylan Lamberti is expecting voters to have a longer attention span than I believe is the case.

That said, if he's right, there might possibly be a chance of getting some gender inequality out of US politics. (I don't expect full gender equality no matter what happens - two years just isn't long enough for that. Heck, 20 years isn't long enough, if the Canadian experience is anything to go by.)

I do agree with this paragraph:
Quote:But a win doesn't tend to rouse momentum in the same way as does a defeat. The Republicans won. The Senate confirmed Kavanaugh. GOP motivation thus has four weeks to wear away, but Democrats will continue to fester in defeat.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.


Boycotting ALL products from the USA as long as that country's leader continues to lie about my native country.
Government of Canada: How to immigrate to Canada
Government of Canada: Claiming refugee protection (asylum) from within Canada
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: It promises to be a campaign the likes of which we haven't seen for about two years - by robkelk - 10-10-2018, 11:38 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)