Poll: How do you like AgameAperture?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Groovy!
50.00%
2 50.00%
Meh.
25.00%
1 25.00%
Eeeh...
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Font stuff
RE: Font stuff
New Shape has serif-like swooshes on a few letters, which is all the serif I need in my life Wink Though not serif at all, Jacked is another really nice deco font for dropcaps or whatever, though it lacks any lowercase and would probably not be good for anything longer than, say, titles, headlines, and section headers. Ardeco is a little less ornamental and has a more complete character set, so it could do decent duty as a main body font. I still like Radis Sans better, though maybe Bob... Smile

There is one major drawback I've noticed to Radis - the dollar sign is some kind of A-in-a-circle thing for some reason, and not even an Avengers logo or "Anarchy A" that extends past the bounds of the circle. Odd, but I can live with it - your mileage may vary.

The AgameAperture n/m and u/w things... yeah, I can see those as valid complaints. I may be set the standard kerning between characters a little low, making those not quite as distinct as they could be when not taken in isolation. The line weight could stand to be just a little lighter too, I think, which is one of the reasons I don't quite think it's ready for a 1.0 release. FontForge has a function to slim that down across the board rather than needing to redraw everything, but it still requires tweaking of bits the algorithm can't quite handle or borks in a different way and that's one of those horrible jobs that the prospect of tackling has put me off further work on the font as a whole. It is a SIL Open Font License thing, so it's not like I couldn't just throw it into the wild and hope for someone else to be interested enough to poke at it a bit, but realistically I wouldn't count on it if I'm not engaged enough to do it myself.

Courier Prime... the italic styles being more than just oblique is nice, but I don't see anything that really makes it stand out over the original overall.

edit: Oh, and while we're mentioning favorite font faces... Handel gets quite a lot of my love as well.
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
Font stuff - by classicdrogn - 01-02-2019, 11:24 AM
RE: Font stuff - by Bob Schroeck - 01-02-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Font stuff - by classicdrogn - 01-02-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Font stuff - by robkelk - 01-02-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: Font stuff - by Labster - 01-02-2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Font stuff - by classicdrogn - 01-03-2019, 12:23 AM
RE: Font stuff - by Labster - 01-03-2019, 04:21 AM
RE: Font stuff - by classicdrogn - 01-03-2019, 05:15 AM
RE: Font stuff - by classicdrogn - 01-10-2019, 04:27 AM