Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020, the election campaigns have begun
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun
Really that was her 10 years ago when she represented a conservative upstate New York district. Gillibrand had a change of heart and admitted she was wrong about guns about the time she ran for statewide office. Which I can't say that I'm against pragmatism to win elections, but really why can't they just say that they were trying to represent their districts at the time? This is in contrast to Elizabeth Warren whose whole career has centered around the same topics. Sorry, but as a Democrat, I'm contractually obligated to engage in friendly fire. It's just what we do.

Earlier I didn't mention Governor Jay Inslee of Washington. He's looking to make climate change the center of his campaign, along with the usual argument of actual executive experience.

There are people out there trying to get Beto O'Rourke to run, despite the fact that he couldn't defeat the U.S. Senate's most hated member, Ted Cruz of Texas. He's a good, aspirational speaker with the ability to connect to a lot of people, but his resume is a little thin at this point.

The strongest person out there who is not going to run is Jerry Brown, who is even more of a climate hawk. He hasn't run for President since 1992 (and think how much trouble that would have saved us?), but he's getting kind of old. Still, after 8 more years in the governor's office, he turned a debt into a surplus with a huge reserve fund ("rainy-day fund").
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun - by Labster - 01-31-2019, 09:22 PM