Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] Going beyond simply filing off the serial numbers?
RE: [RFC] Going beyond simply filing off the serial numbers?
Nothing directly on the idea, as it's your call whether it fits with the story you want to tell or not, and how to do the file and hammer work to make it, but it doesn't sound horrible. Explicitly involving gods and such does tend to be a warning card since "deus ex machina" is considered a negative trope for good reason, but it certainly can be done in interesting and entertaining ways. Klingon style "We didn't like our gods, so we killed them" has potential as well, with the discussion about letting the mortals deal with bad actors to see if they still need gods at all.

As to the process of writing dialogue first and only adding action and narration later, I've found it to be effective because description and choreography come far more easily to me so it's a way of making sure I actually have the characters talk to each other more than one or two lines per page Tongue Just take care not to lean too far in the opposite direction, ne?
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RFC] Going beyond simply filing off the serial numbers? - by classicdrogn - 02-26-2019, 07:40 AM