Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Guys.

I'm seeing a failure to communicate here. Worse, it's a failure to communicate over something that doesn't need to be discussed in order to write stories in the setting. But it looks like I'll have to say something in order to be the peacemaker.

Brent, BA had a childhood where not being perfect meant receiving emotional abuse. He's said as much here. Mistakes are bad, period.

BA, Brent's in a career where every error means lost productivity. Of course he's going to think mistakes are plot hooks; he cleans up after them all the time.

If the self-inserts lose their temper, that's plot development and character development. If the writers lose their temper, that's a threat to the stability of the writers' circle. I don't want to see this go away.

Remember when we started this? We were writing stories and enjoying reading what each other wrote. Then we drifted into talking about writing stories - necessary in a shared world, but it means we aren't actually writing stories. But now we've drifted into talking about each other... and that's a danger sign.

Is there any way we can agree to disagree on this?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 04-02-2019, 07:48 AM