Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020, the election campaigns have begun
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun
(04-25-2019, 07:52 AM)robkelk Wrote: No more Biden his time.

Joe Biden's tossed his hat into the ring. So far, his platform is that he isn't Trump.

I feel Biden's too old.  And I say this as almost certainly the oldest old fart on this forum.  However, not being Trump or anyone who approves of Trump needs to be a fundamental plank in anyone's platform.  Trump and all his works and ways — and all his bigoted, willfully ignorant followers — need to be rejected if the soul of the United States is ever to be redeemed.  

Even if Trump loses in such an utter landslide that not even his StormTrumpers will rally to shield him from being put out of the White House once the new president is sworn in, it'll be decades before the U.S. is trusted again ... and I doubt I'll live long enough to see it.  We'll be feared, for our weapons and for the enormous resources we misuse.  We won't be respected.  

I comfort myself with the reminder that Germany eventually recovered (mostly) from the shadow of their embrace of evil.

-----
"Oh, my people had many gods. There was Conformity, and Authority, and Expense Account, and Opinion. And there was Status, whose symbols were many, and who rode in the great chariot Cadillac, which was almost a god itself. And there was Atombomb, the dread destroyer, who would some day come to end the world." — Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen, H. Beam Piper

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun - by DHBirr - 04-25-2019, 08:14 AM