Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Dartz gets it. The problem is that sticky settings like Tenchi Muyo and MCU and DCU and Ranma have a tendency to make all crossover plots look like them, which makes writing other kinds of plots more difficult.

Quote:I think the problem that I myself have been having with this is that this has been my brainchild for more than ten years. And when you've had an idea in your head for that long, it's kinda hard to let other people come into the sand box and do other things.
I dated a girl like that once. It didn't work out quite how I expected it to when we finally dated.

Quote: And if Brent wants an easy-going environment where he can just write slice-of-life fun times and shenanigans, then that's what Brent should be able to write.
I know what you're saying but a couple of posts back I'm talking about bringing RWBY villians in, who are generally people for whom Bad Horse would offer credentials to the Evil League of Evil. RWBY Chibi notwithstanding. This encounter will be traumatic, to say the least. But for this to happen at all, it's kind of important that Tenchi not show up with the Light Hawk Wings, you know? Where I'm going is like this: Scenes in The Shire are absolutely essential for providing context to scenes in Mordor. Scenes hiding behind bushes spying on dates in Azubu provide emotional weight to those at the D Point.

Incidentally, I'd pull them out post-Beacon. Not sure if later than that is better, but I do love Calavera's style. At least I need to know what costume Cinder is wearing and what powers she has.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 05-05-2019, 12:53 AM