Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(05-07-2019, 03:03 AM)Labster Wrote: I asked you to be careful with how you use a setting -- basically me just pointing out a trap, something to consider.  If that's going to cause this response, then I don't really think that there's any way I can be on a creative team with you without antagonizing you.

What antagonizes me is that you gave warnings with no idea as how to fix the incipient issues.  Constructive criticism, you know.  Instead, you come off as saying, "No can do."  Even with programs, I at least get an error code that I can look up with the context of what's going on and then have some idea of how to proceed.

Take what I quoted earlier as an example:

"...settings like Tenchi Muyo and MCU and DCU and Ranma have a tendency to make all crossover plots look like them, which makes writing other kinds of plots more difficult."

Okay.  That is a problem, and I acknowledge that, but how do we fix it?  This is supposed to be collaborative, but you just dump it at my feet with the expectation that I either abandon the idea, or wave a magic wand to make the problem go away.

Maybe that's how things work on Miraheze where everyone has a specific role to fill, but that's not how things work in collaborative writing.  Look at what the writing staffs at places like Disney and Pixar look like.  Yes, there's a creative lead in the group, but that person depends on all the other staff writers working under them to supply ideas.

Frozen was a great example of this in action.  Someone, not the creative lead, came up with the idea of Elsa not being a villain.  Cue the stunned silence, quickly followed by an immediate frenzy as EVERYONE scrambled to throw out the original plot and come up with a new one to fit the idea.

So I'm not even saying that you should fix it yourself.  Just that some kind of constructive input would have been nice to have.  Instead, you leave the creative burden entirely on my shoulders when it's well known that things around here haven't been easy on me.

Yes, I know.  You have your own plots to work out, but so have I, and so has Rob.  Me probably more than anyone else because in the end I'll have more characters to deal with directly than both of you and Rob put together, so I not only need to come up with major story arcs, but all kinds of fillers and fluff because it's not like all these people won't interact with each other while staying in this one cozy complex.  (This complex is practically designed entirely with social interaction in mind - all the units face inwards towards a courtyard that's perfect for parties.)

So yeah.  That's pretty much what has my knickers in a twist.  I apologize, but I just can't do this all on my own - especially if it's a condition that you yourself wish to avoid.

Gotta go.  I have that appointment coming up here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 05-07-2019, 12:11 PM