Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Huh, I'm not getting why it's taking this long.  I've searched a combination of only a few of these facts online, and gotten a link to the character in question.  So it's definitely not impossible.

Like, no one has guessed Gidget yet?  She grew up in Malibu (in fact she still lives there) and visited lots of beaches.  I mean, it's not her, but she checks out against most of the facts I gave.

Without getting into facts about her personality, these are the raw data I included in the story.  While there are evasions and Akari is an unreliable narrator, nothing the passenger said was false, nor is she disguising her natural appearance in any way.  But there's definitely a trick here; more than one of the facts is true in an unexpected way.  Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Instead of the jeans and T-shirts and worse common around the SoCal beach scene, this woman was fashionable with a capital F.
- Fashionable dresser

Her other hand she offered to the young woman, perhaps twenty five years old, skinny, and gorgeous.
- Corporeal (normally I wouldn't bother to mention, but given the next story, y'know?)
- Aged ~25 years
- Skinny and gorgeous

She came aboard with ease
- Agile enough, typical human weight

Wearing the big straw hat ... the single most common fashion accessory among famous women trying not to be recognized.
- Wearing a weak disguise, still fashionable

The short-haired brunette wore a sheer pink scarf ...
- short-haired brunette

... along with a golden brooch with a five pointed star resting inside a stylized crescent moon.
- wearing a brooch (possibly emblem) with five pointed star resting inside a stylized crescent moon

He smelled her hand, thought about it a minute, then smelled her hand again.  Now that doesn't make any sense, he thought.
- Aria thinks something about her smell is out of place

"But don't you have a special undine name?"  She asked it almost like she already knew the answer.
- Might already know the Akari's undine name (uncommon, but googleable knowledge in story)

You know that the Romans believed that aquamarine gemstones would protect against peril on the sea?
- Knows at least a little about ancient Roman culture

Well, if you believe in magic.
- Possibly believes in magic

"I guess I can say I've been in a few movies," she said enigmatically.
- Has been a creator or subject of a few movies

"Don't worry about it.  I used to live here when I was a kid, and I learned a lot about the town."
- Lived near enough during some period of her childhood to know Venice Beach trivia

"It's just, I have a hard decision to face back at home.
- Faces a difficult decision at home involving conflicting duty and love

"I once knew a man who believed with all his might that love is the only law, love under will.
- Knew a man who was seriously into Aleister Crowley's doctrine of Thelema
-- Aleister is kind of the guy running Academy City in the Index/Railgun series

"Yes, he will, but to make him wait for so long?" she sighed.
- current significant other identifies as male

true relief showing in her green eyes.
- Has green eyes

The question took her by surprise, as not many people in Venice knew to ask for a canzone.
- Knows enough gondolier or undine tradition to ask for a song

"How about something Japanese?"
- Believes it is likely or certain that Akari speaks Japanese
- Interested in hearing a song in Japanese

After receiving the fare, and a very generous tip
- Good tipper

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be seeing me sooner than you expect,"
- Knows that Akari will see her again soon in an unexpected context
- Willing to tease Akari a little

it was getting to be time to pick up the kids from the magnet school
- Can't find her with a magnet, not a robot

From the forum:
- She is a displacee
- Akari thinks she is an actress, which is not necessarily true.
- Passage 3 is inspired by the Sailor Moon manga.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 07-17-2019, 11:46 PM