Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020, the election campaigns have begun
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun
The only way to stop the factionalism is to make both sides realize that factionalism is harmful.  This is a basic Prisoner's Dilemma, played out over years.  The conservatives have been playing the defect strategy for the past decade now, showing that they were willing to break norms to get what they want.  This has played out to a ridiculous degree.  They spend more time talking about owning the libs than they do giving lip service to compromise.  Meanwhile the bleeding heart liberals keep saying that we should all work together and hold hands and sing Kum-ba-ya.

Nope.  The only way you get the system back into equillibrium is to choose defect.  Repeatedly.  Push an agenda through that minimizes your rivals while hopefully helping the country.  We need to do this until these people learn the lesson that you cannot treat your fellow leaders like shit day in, day out and expect love and respect in return.

It might take a while.  California Republicans are a minority, and the party seems to have reacted by becoming more extreme.  Like, having speeches about how many members of Trump's family will become president in the future-extreme.  It all started twenty years ago with Prop 187 and rejecting illegal immigrants, which meant they lost socially conservative racial minorities for a generation.  Have they learned their lesson yet?  Not if they're still rallying to keep children locked in cages.  And like, it's stupid.  If they wanted to make arguments about how we need more housing development or maybe nuclear power or infrastructure I'd listen.

Instead I keep hearing facetious complaints about how everyone is leaving the state because of high taxes.  And I just have to wonder, have these people been on a freeway lately?  The people are still here, believe me.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun - by Labster - 11-09-2019, 12:39 AM