Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
(12-14-2019, 06:52 PM)LynnInDenver Wrote: In other words, "we'd prefer you still be legally responsible on paper for this whole thing, especially since someone's already shown where that may lead."

I don't really have a dog in this fight as I'm a non-contributor overall, but I've also been in fandom too long; it's time to wash your hands of it, and make them take it, either by transferring it to them over their protests, or making them have to find a new set of servers on their own. At this point, the long-term viability of the wiki is in question regardless of what happens, or whether or not you continue to stay in to help it, what matters is that it's likely that the longer you stay in it, the more likely it becomes you'll become resentful on some level or another, or even burnt out.

I mean, I don't think it was about putting it on my responsibility as being inflexible.  Mission parameters change.  I guess we all agreed to some sort of timeline, but then I decided that I really didn't want to deal with legal threats, so I asked them to assume responsibility.  They were like, hell no, that's not the plan.  And I'm thinking that if they don't want responsibility now, why would they take responsibility later?

But I think you hit the nail on the head on burnout.  I feel burned out on everything right now.  Work for sure, since I'm transitioning to leading a team -- but only of two, and the other guy is so new that it's still adding more work rather than subtracting.  I'm months if not years behind on everything in my life. Everything seems fine on the outside but I just can't shake the feeling that future generations will curse my name, you know?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV - by Labster - 12-15-2019, 05:47 AM