Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
(12-17-2019, 08:09 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Good to hear, Brent.

Meanwhile, on the anonymous illiterate front, I had to crash several hours before the deadline (which was bound to happen, given that I set the deadline in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep).  I haven't hit the wiki yet this morning, so unless he's actually responded, he got a grace period...

I see he's come back and you've already played wack-a-mole with him again.

Doing a lookup, I see that the IPv4 address that he uses is assigned to Sky UK Limited and is used in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK. This means that (unless he's using Tor nodes or something else to obscure his tracks - but who does that to edit a wiki?) he most likely resides in an English-speaking community. Thus, it is unlikely that he might have been making errors because he did not speak English on a regular basis.

Repeating part of what I said in my reply to your messages to him: This wiki is, in a large part, a resource for writers. Having poor grammar or poor spelling on its pages makes the wiki less useful for that purpose. This needs to stop.

If the new two-week tempban doesn't work, then I'll be proposing that we invoke the new clause in our core policy about Academic Freedom. But I'm not making that proposal yet.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV - by robkelk - 12-21-2019, 02:01 PM