Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
(02-21-2020, 08:59 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Okay, heads up.  We have a new ban evader.  User:Infinite, who got himself a tempban four days ago for repeated Term 1 violations, just popped up as the brand-new user "Hole" to revert reversions I made of a pair of his changes.  "Hole" has been permbanned as a sockpuppet, but given Infinite's general level of maturity, I expect we'll be seeing him doing this again and again.  Note that he did this when he had less than three days left on a week-long tempban; as his past communications on the wiki testify, he's the kind of person who thinks the wiki is his personal writing pad and anyone who tells him otherwise is a tyrant trying to steal his toys from him.

I just asked for a CheckUser on the two accounts. If Hole is Infinite, then I think that gives us reason to extend Infinite's current block.

(02-21-2020, 09:19 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Meanwhile, TVGarbage still isn't bothering to make sure he has his work names and markup right.  This after several weeks and several rounds of explicit instruction on what is wanted and needed.  The most we've gotten out of him is excuses and "whoops".

I honestly don't know what to do next.  Part of me wants to hit him with tempbans until he starts marking things up right, but another part of me feels like that's unfairly targeting him for stuff more casual editors can get away with.  What do you guys think?

TV Garbage has been doing almost everything that we've asked... to the Exact Words, and not much more. I'm seeing this as Aspergers'-level behaviour and (since it's merely annoying and time-consuming, not disruptive) am willing to tolerate it... for now.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV - by robkelk - 02-21-2020, 08:33 PM