Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 & US healthcare system - thread relapse
RE: COVID-19 & US healthcare system - thread relapse
Whatr this doesn't account for though is the vast differences in how deaths are accounted for.

In some parts of Europe, they're only counting people who die, in a hospital, with a confirmed diagnosis. Here it's a wide net - people who die with a positive, regardless of where and with what other problems they had - or victims who never made it to a hospital, or who died with the telltale symptoms but without a test.

It's a wild west.

There's a great thread of it on twitter here

Some countries are overreporting - others are underreporting - and sorting out the melange leads to very different results.

It doesn't help that of the thousand fatalities we've had - the majority have been the elderly in nursing homes. It's been oddly asymptomatic here so it caught like fire in places ill-equipped to handle an infectious disease. The vast majority of fatalities are over 80 years old. Somehow about 40% of nursing homes were infested with it.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19 & US healthcare system - thread relapse - by Dartz - 04-25-2020, 06:22 PM