Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVI
A month-old user, for his second and third edits respectively, decided to add laconic pages to The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951 film) and The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008 film).

The first one was missing all markup and its summary of the film was "Evil alien fascists invoke their equivalent of White Man's Burden to make demands of an entire planet." which is more than a little at odds with the way the film is generally remembered and summarized, not to mention more than a bit heavy on the political bias.

The second one is properly marked up, but the laconic is "Evil alien who intends to commit genocide arrives on Earth, is offended at being treated like an evil alien who intends to commit genocide, decides to commit genocide." Now I don't know the Keanu Reeves re-make at all, not having seen it, but this strikes me as just as much off the mark as the first, just by the language. Can someone who's seen the 2008 please confirm whether or not this is a user trolling us?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVI - by Bob Schroeck - 06-21-2020, 04:50 PM