Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
I'm going to juggle a couple of words there, just to keep a neutral point of view...

If Trump wins, I hope and pray some dinguses on the left don't unironically advocate for an ironic role reversal American Civil War 2.0. If he wins, I hope they realize they need to sit down, shut up, and if they are really convinced the election was stolen, and the court system did not agree, then they lost. In that case, lose with some dignity.

If Biden wins, I hope the same for the right. This is not the first election to have contested results hashed out in court, we have a court system for this, and thus far it seems to be doing what it's supposed to. If the end result is something half the country doesn't like, they just need to be the better people and live with it. Any fool on either side who insists on violence in response to election results they don't like after all legal avenues have been exhausted is someone who deserves imprisonment or, if they resist with lethal force, death for posing a danger to a society of law.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings - by robkelk - 11-19-2020, 08:05 AM