Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
I'm a low level official in the Democratic party -- really only the alternate to a member of the county party, but I'm also a Rules Committee chairman so I have a bit more sway than most alternates.  The two party system is so endemic to the American way of thinking that I haven't really even considered which issues I'd be championing -- which group I'd want to join -- if we had a functional multiparty democracy.

I think I might be a moderate?  I mean, not an American moderate, a European moderate.  I watched Borgen, and honestly The Moderates seem pretty cool, though that may be a side effect of them being the protagonists.  The only ones who straight up turned me off were the Freedom Party (for many of the reasons Trump is repellent).  I mean, heck, I can't make up my mind which faction I'd join in SMAC.  I mean, University seems cool, but I do care a lot about classical liberalism, so maybe the Peacekeepers?  But we do need a strong economy, maybe Morgan, but no, think of the mindworms, gotta go Gaian.  Or maybe a religious society sounds nice too?  The only ones I don't empathize with are the Hive (individuality is a good thing) and Sparta (fuck off, stop attacking me assholes).

Meanwhile the two-party system has divided our country into two giant tribes that hate each other.  And Dianne Feinstein isn't going to be Chair or Ranking Member of the Senat Judiciary Committee because of her public displays of bipartisanship, which were frankly gross and something that should only be done in private.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings - by Labster - 11-25-2020, 03:52 PM