Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
(11-29-2020, 10:48 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 10:29 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Rob, until those lawsuits result in a CONVICTION for a legal offense, Trump is not guilty of squat. When that happens, get back to me.

No.

You asked "what has Trump done (besides being an obnoxious asshole some people did not want in office) that warrants criminal action"

I answered that question.

You're refusing to look at the answer.

You did not ask about a conviction.

Put the goalposts back where they were.

Fair enough. Point duly noted.

Thing is, it means nothing to me legally, morally, and ethically until he's duly convicted of a legally criminal offense. Once that is true, then he deserves to be called a criminal. Anything prior to that is allegations and charges yet to be proven. I've defended people I've despised before of being innocent of charges that have not been legally proven, and I would do the same for people I like. Anything else is legally wrong, entirely prejudical and utterly immoral.

In about a week or so, assuming he's confirmed to have lost and is frogmarched out of the White House in that case if such needs to be to get him to leave when the time comes, we'll see where those lawsuits, allegations, and charges go. Until then, his guilt or innocence is not our place to judge, it is the domain of the legal profession.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings - by GethN7 - 11-29-2020, 11:22 PM