Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
I've already accepted Trump lost, but I seriously question the logic why people are chomping at the bit to see Trump arrested the second he's no longer legally President.

True, he's immune to such happening while he's in office, but if he is not judged legally culpable for an arrest worthy charge as soon as he's no longer President, I do not get the desire to see him in handcuffs once he becomes a private citizen again.

I'd understand why for Nixon, he was guilty of crimes he was staring a prison cell for until a pardon negated that, but Trump is, as far as I'm aware, nowhere near the legal point where everyone can be sure he'll be wearing iron bracelets the second he stops being President. It might happen some time AFTER that for some reason, I do not discount that, but frankly, if he's yet to reach Nixon tier levels of staring at prison and no pardon is required to skip those consequences, I say be grateful he's out and be done with it, arresting him comes off as sheer spite without clear proof of guilt he can be indicted, tried, and convicted of.

If we didn't arrest Jackson for the Trail of Tears and defying the Supreme Court, and he was never convicted of the same and required to face prison, I don't get the current desire to imprison Trump, and I'd love to hear a reasoned argument for why tossing him out is not enough, he must be in a cell as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings - by GethN7 - 12-19-2020, 08:59 PM