Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Heavy stuff with the Misaka Sisters there.  I like it and it's been something that's been on my mind on and off - how they would deal with the fact that these girls have experienced so much death.

Also, those K-On! Kemenos are indeed Disgustingly Adorable.  I think it'd be nice to have that as just one piece of art along with several others in an album's booklet.

On another note entirely...

So, I've been reading the manga version of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

And I gotta say, the anime ended right before shit started to get REAL interesting.

For one thing, recall that Shouta's father is the president of the software company that Kobayashi works at, and that the man is supposed to be a mage.

Funny thing: the programming language that his company uses exclusively?  It's actually a language for creating magical spells!  (This also explains why Elma was able to pick it up so quickly that she went from being utterly useless to leading project groups in about a month.)

My reasons for wanting to bring in Kobayashi and Company is twofold:

1) FREAKIN' DRAGONS.
2) Software Engineers.

I've had the idea for a while now that a number of residents can take up programming as a trade to earn money.  It's an honest gig, they can work from home, and it pays well.  The only thing that had me stymied was how would everyone learn computer programing.  And then I learned that interesting tidbit from the Dragon Maid manga.

They can start out in San Antonio, as it'd probably be the best place for them...  But from the Doylist perspective, I can't have them there - it'd throw a monkeywrench into a good number of plots I have going because Toohru and her friends are OP as fuck, after all.  So the Watsonian explanation for them not being around would be this: right after teaching people at Westwoods how to use their programming language, Kobayashi, et al, began a tour going from one apartment complex to another to do the same for others.

Whatcha guys think?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 03-01-2021, 03:29 AM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM