Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
I had long pondered how exactly they have pure white gondolas in Neo Venezia, where they are traditionally black, and for good reason -- the waters in the canals of real life Venezia are pretty filthy, and even the lagoon isn't exactly clean.  I was playing Terraforming Mars lately, and I finally decided to look up exactly what the "Soletta" card represented.  It comes from Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy, and apparently is an orbital device to focus sunlight on the ground.  All of which explains how you can keep the canals so clean on a living world -- the canals are glass-sided, because they've been etched into the ground with the power of the Sun.

Which is kind of the fun thing about crossover fiction -- you can use one fiction to explain another.

I am trying to post a chapter of Channeling Mana every two or three days, but we'll see how well that works out, since my buffer is not all that long in terms of finished chapters.  I have a bunch of half-finished material that's been waiting months to appear.  Chapter 17 is basically finished, chapter 24 predates the idea for the plot, even. But there are some chapters in the middle that still need the vast majority of the writing to be done.  Currently, I think the story takes 27 chapters to finish, which I guess means I'll be done in two months or so.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 03-18-2021, 05:58 PM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM