Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Which is part of why I think it would be better for that bunch to be under my character's care, and there's more than a few good reasons.

For one, having ITEM in San Antonio provides a neat bit of balance with Railgun, et all, in Ottawa.

For another, Benjamin is intimately familiar with the consequences of broken rules and broken promises.  As bad as he is at "subtle", he can see where the rules are doing nobody any favors and will not be adverse to breaking them.

"Rules only work when they're actually good rules in the first place, and even then only when people actually follow the spirit they were intended in.  The moment people start bending them to gain an unfair advantage over others?  That's where you'll see me, fucking up people's shit."

Also, Ben loves himself a bit of mayhem now and then.  And Mugino strikes me as the type who loves being able to 'cut loose' now and then.

Most importantly, Benjamin can shut down Espers at a moment's notice.  He's perfect in case one of them goes rogue for any reason.  And they'll probably be there for the St. Valentine's Eve Massacre, so they'll be agreeing with Accelerator afterward - they do not ever want to get into a straight-up fight with Ben.  Not even Meltdowner.  Though once they all get to know him, he'll probably attain "Best Boss Ever" status.  Especially from Frenda, as once her sister shows up, Ben will do what he can to reunite the two.

Mugino will probably also come to appreciate Ben greatly because like herself, he cares a great deal about his subordinates.  He will not only refuse to place them into positions where they'll be in undue danger, but he will heavily emphasize training to survive the unexpected.  "The day we have someone here crying over a casket will be the day I've failed as a leader."

PS: Strongly suspect that Mugino is actually an Aspie.  She's got issues with tact, tends to laugh off stuff others wouldn't (like Last Order commenting about Mugino's panties), is more emotional than people first surmise, can be devastatingly charming, and is a huge perfectionist (Shiage's comment about her not being able to finish a game without 100% completion).  If this is the case, then that alone is gonna lead her to desire mentorship under my character.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 07-26-2021, 09:29 AM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM