Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(08-22-2021, 02:13 PM)robkelk Wrote: Nanoha might be upset for a moment, thinking that Ben doesn't want her... until somebody helps her realize that he's saying "not now" instead of "no".

It doesn't really matter whether that somebody is Ben, Fate, or someone else - although I'd write it as Alicia explaining things since she has that window into Ben's soul and thus knows better than anyone else what Ben was thinking.

Oooh!  That's a good one.  Thanks!

(08-22-2021, 02:16 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 06:04 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: I'll get to it.  Hopefully soon.  Need to work a bit on what my character's not-a-barrier-jacket would be like, as well as all the particulars on his not-a-boost-device.

The key issue being that it can't really be magitech.  This will pretty much be 100% "hardtech", only informed by Midchildan design philosophies and Benjamin's own little twists.  And Fem!Ben, who doesn't have that handicap, doesn't happen for a bit yet.

Hmmmmm... Can't help with the armour, but here's one idea for the device. I already mentioned that Ben gave the Misaka Sisters those railgun pistols while the kitting-out was taking place. Since he has his own M/AM plant, can he create an electrical field and power one of those for his own use? He gets the prototype to tinker with, the girls get the Mk1 version.

Hrm....  Sounds doable.  Though he'd probably use that primarily on the small fry.  He'd be a bit worried about over-penetration with the gamma ray laser and he doesn't want to make too much stuff in there horrifyingly radioactive.  But he'll definitely be using the laser on the giants.

Ironically, the explosive projectiles will be safer in this sense as the radiation will be absorbed mostly by the air - as there aren't any leftover radioactive materials like with a nuclear weapon, it's only the blast itself you have to worry about.  But those also require additional materials from Benjamin - the neutral matter in which the antimatter is suspended, and the protein casings.  I've yet to determine a realistic limit for how much of that Ben can produce, so I (the writer) am going to be real conservative about that until then.

So yeah.  He can definitely use a long-arm for small fry and a side-arm for close-quarters, and this will fit the bill nicely.

Aside:
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Leonard would probably take note of the absolute and sheer carnage in this throne room... but will probably attribute it to someone else like Ryouko Hakubi, never suspecting that Ben would be morally capable of such a feat - he seems to be too much of a peacemaker on the surface.

One bit I have in mind for when Leonard attacks Westwoods, Benjamin will go for the nearest Behemoth, teleport into the control cabin and say "Hi!" to the startled pilot right before killing them...  And then using said Behemoth to wreak utter havoc, because Ben is the very, VERY imaginative sort who can make a Lambda Driver do fascinating things...

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 08-22-2021, 03:28 PM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM