Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
(08-29-2021, 07:16 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Geth, I have no problems with you proceeding to either maintain existing/needed functionality, nor with you implementing the improved foreign language support.  (As long as the latter doesn't break anything, of course.  <grin>)

Done. I have added the markup, for now, to this page

https://allthetropes.org/wiki/Main_Page

Any new translations will be added to the language selection box at the top that the extension will create automatically, and users can select translations at will. For example, if a page has English, French, and German translations, they can click the language they prefer and switch back at any time. If they default their preferred language via the selector next to their user name to a certain language, any pages serving their preferred language will be provided first for their convenience.

I also intend to eventually add this functionality to the Trope, Work, and Creator pages via adding the top required parser tags to their templates and the bottom end parser tags to the reflist template. All usage of these templates would thus automatically mark all these pages as being able to be translated. More can be added over time, but that was initially proposed pages that would most benefit from this. I do not forsee this causing any major issues, given how those templates are always used in tandem, worst error we might see is stray parser tagging at top or bottom of pages.

I have not set user permissions for translation, it defaults to administrators for now, but I propose all trusted editors be given this right by default.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI - by GethN7 - 08-29-2021, 07:32 PM