Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
Okay, edited out the bit where Washu thinks someone might be manipulating them.  She still thinks they're acting out of character, though, but before she could dwell more on that, she has to set that thought aside.

Here's the relevant bit with the edit.

"You know, you could probably use an assistant.  I can’t keep doing this all the time.”

Ben mulled that over for a second before answering.  "I suppose you’re right.  But who would I have as an assistant?  Not Kaname.  Teletha is right out.”

Washu nearly winced at that.  Teletha was right out for a lot of things that had her directly interacting with Benjamin - nearly two months since The Incident and he was still upset with her.  But more than that, Washu had been ashamed of herself.

As were the others.

Benjamin’s scathing indictment that they stood by and did nothing to help him was an uncomfortable truth.  The reasons varied, for certain.  But the point was that he was absolutely right.  Even as Benjamin grew more and more visibly agitated and stressed.  He had been dropping all kinds of hints, and was yet still ignored.

Washu had no idea why they had let it get that far.  It was not like them.  Or at least, not like her.  Or Noike, for that matter.  She would have put a quick end to the situation, but for reasons beyond the woman’s reckoning, she never saw the need for it.

And now there had been this situation with Nanoha and the Goblin King.

In the meantime, Ben continued, unaware of Washu’s musings.

"Noike has the skills, but that’d be a gross misuse of her talents.  And she’s already spending a lot of time with Teletha working out scenarios.  Tenchi has neither the skill nor experience.”

"You may be approaching this the wrong way,” said Washu, setting aside her previous train of thought. "An artificial assistant would probably suffice.”

How does that look?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed - by Black Aeronaut - 09-15-2021, 05:41 AM