Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
I would have thought that James was no longer an apartment manager by that date.

Though to be fair, I don't think we actually did set an exact date for that.

Some considerations:

Misato did go to a university.  In fact, IIRC, she was there together with Ritsuko and Kaji, and maybe even Maya, too, (because of the implication that Maya was taught by Ritsuko after Ritsuko became a graduate student).  This means that Misato does know how to do research.

But then we have her saying that stuff at the Halloween Party.

So, here's an idea.

Misato knows something is up.  But considering what went down in her previous universe, she's being very cloak and dagger about it.  She's not sure how deep this rabbit hole goes, or who all is involved.  For that reason, she's just been playing along all this time, and only just to be safe because she's worried about the Kids.  She hasn't even said a word to Ritsuko, Kaji, or Mal because they don't exactly have a place for clandestine meetings, and she's worried that given what is known about their characters, any suspicious activity at all will be noticed very quickly.

The Halloween Party is where this changes.  Here, she is able to meet and talk to two other apartment managers and get a solid feel for what kind of people they are.  She'll be able to tell right away they're doing anything like what James has been doing from seeing how they all interact with their Tenants.

We'll have to change a few things around.  Like the bit where Ritsuko goes, "I wasn't aware she was a scientist."  We can instead have her remark that this isn't like Misato to be acting like that, and when asked why...

"We went to the same university together.  She's certainly not a PhD, but she does have a Bachelor's in (foo)*."

"In (foo)!?  How?"

"She's a lot smarter than a lot of people give her credit for.  In fact, she's used that to her advantage in the past.  And I think I know why she's playing it up now."

"Is... this something we should be talking about?"

"I'll let you know later if we need help or not.  But for now?  I'm going to try and find a quiet place to talk with her."

* If anyone knows what Misato majored in, please do tell.  Otherwise... I'ma just gonna roll with "Physics" because that makes the most sense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 09-30-2021, 04:06 PM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM