Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXII
She's certainly not the sole author by any means, but if it's true it might explain why she rewrote the main text and brought over only a subset of the page's tropes. Unfortunately, my limited access to TVT's history doesn't clarify matters.

EDIT: Okay, Hepzibah's claiming to be TVT user "foxley". Can whoever it was who still had a live TVT account check the full history for the Miss Fisher show and see what foxley's done on it?

Meanwhile, we need to come up with some kind of protocol for actually verifying stuff like this. As I noted in my comment to Hepzibah, I think this is the first time we've asked for verification and the user in question hasn't disappeared from the knowledge of Man. We've never actually needed to confirm a claim before now, and we need to figure out how to do it for the future -- if we don't simply go on the honor system.

EDIT 2: We need to make it clearer somewhere that in cases like this the user needs to put their copyright claim in the edit reason. Exactly where, I don't know. Right on the edit page, perhaps?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXII - by Bob Schroeck - 10-20-2021, 07:27 AM