Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
<sigh> That's ShawnTehLogoBoi trying to delete that page after it was created by me only three months ago to be the parent to a subpage he created under the wrong parent. He's previously made comments about wanting to delete the work page, and this looks like his try at doing so.

I'm rejecting the edit.

EDIT: Sheesh, kneejerk reaction without fully reading your post, Rob. Sorry for stepping on your toes. And no, we've never written down that policy. It was one of those things we never thought needed to be stated -- that the stub templates exist to direct tropers to pages that need more work, not warn of their impending doom. Likewise I don't think we ever wrote down its obvious corollary -- that work pages do not ever get deleted unless they are bogus, plagiarized, or otherwise violate wiki rules. His delete reason not only contradicts the implicit purpose of the stub templates, it comes perilously close to trying to unilaterally redefine the purpose of the stub templates -- which is to say, unilaterally deciding on policy for the wiki.

If you want me to write the "fuck no" message, I will.

In the mean time I think we need to reassess just how much trouble ShawnTehLogoBoi has been over the past few months and whether he has been worth it.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII - by Bob Schroeck - 12-11-2021, 09:27 PM