Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Politics Video Madness II: The Revenge
RE: Politics Video Madness II: The Revenge
So what is going on at the Maralago anyway? What laws might Trump actually have broken? What're the consequences of those? And why "I declassified it all because I'm the President" might not be the legal defense some thinks it is.

One of the most interesting things about these videos is how clear an intelligible they are. The law (Where I am anyway), is like an arcane profession filled with wizards and apprentices and wigs and rituals. It feels like a closed shop, elevated above the petty concerns of mere mortals and their lives where money gets eaten, and judgement falls from on high like - well - white liquid from a seagull.

(I got to visit the King's Inn's once for a party and..... well, that's an interesting old building, with paintings of judiciary from centuries past on the walls. They look exactly like modern judges)

Instead now we have someone talking clearly about the law - and more importantly in other videos - what they enjoy about being a lawyer and why it might be genuinely interesting to go into a legal profession. It's like rolling back the curtain a little, and then presenting what goes on behind the curtain in really clear and relatable terms.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Politics Video Madness II: The Revenge - by Dartz - 08-20-2022, 09:56 AM