Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
(09-23-2022, 06:52 PM)robkelk Wrote: Since Miraheze has put a (malformed) notice on the "Upload a file" page on the private wiki mentioning the difference between US Fair Use and UK Fair Dealing, I have updated Template:Fairuse to make clear which Fair Dealing provision applies to our use of copyrighted images.

I also moved "Template:Fairuse" to "Template:fair dealing", and updated the license documentation.

Anybody want to make a bot run changing thousands of file pages that use "{{fairuse}}" to use "{{fair dealing}}" instead? I left a redirect so the template move hasn't broken anything, but it would be nice for the pages to be tidy.

I would ordinarily be pleased to do so, but I currently have a very poorly functioning internet in terms of bandwidth speed.

That said, I would recommend using AutoWikiBrowser for this task, having it use any responsible administrator's bot account (it requires one for all edits made with the program), setting it to take all pages from the Template:Fair Use category (which will include all pages the template is used on, barring the template page itself, then having it run a simple change of the template markup to use the new text.

This tool can be downloaded freely from Wikipedia and comes with full instructions at the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI - by GethN7 - 09-23-2022, 08:31 PM