Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
(11-15-2022, 04:46 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 02:20 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 01:58 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 01:45 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:55 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Meanwhile, what I came here for:  newish user Ilikecomputers wants to create a redirect for My Neighbor Totoro using the British spelling of "neighbour".  I'm going to reject it because there's no official version of the name that uses British spelling, but it raises the question -- should redirects for British/American alternate spellings be explicitly put on the "don't do it" list?

For general spellings that don't involve links, no changes.

If it's a trope with a potential British spelling alternative or American if spelled British primarily, I'm for "first come, first serve", with other spellings turned into redirects.

For works, we should make a hard "unless it got localized with an explicit British spelling, we stick with the American English version". In the event it got localized with both American and British spellings (for times when it had an explicitly separate US and UK release), we revert to the trope rule in those cases.

Agreed with one addition: unless it got localized with an explicit American spelling, we stick with the British English version for works from the UK (or Canada).

Works for me.

Likewise.  Unless someone objects, I suppose it's time to write it up properly and make a formal policy change proposal on the wiki.

Hopefully, we can kill two birds with one stone and put that Tabs policy I wrote up to a proper vote this time round and we can cross both off the list.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI - by GethN7 - 11-16-2022, 07:00 AM