Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI
(11-25-2022, 11:34 PM)Umbire Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 10:05 PM)robkelk Wrote: Bob, I'm going to wait until after you reply to this post (or tell me here that you aren't going to reply) before I mention that I'm also a writer.

I've already said my piece in reply to Max's most recent comment, but I have to ask...

"It's not just what they depict, it's that they have the gall to claim that it was the kids who were seducing the pedos!"

Is this referring to Lolita? As in, the book with the narrator that's infamous for being a prime example of "obviously full of shit and trying to rationalize his behavior not unlike a real nonce"? I mean, it having the intended effect from that perspective means I'd never be able to stomach reading it myself, but if he's hanging his hat on that, then...

This is getting annoying, and frankly, I'm not responding to further diatribes and whining about being forced to know we discuss things that are legal if not always moral, so I left this as our response:

https://allthetropes.org/w/index.php?tit...j6bxdkve2t

If he still wants to complain, whatever, our position on this is crystal clear, but I will be the first one to hit the block button and make it stick for at least a year if he so much as defaces one page that offends him so greatly. If he can get over himself, well and good, I'd prefer to avoid it, but I will implement a harsh penalty first time if for no reason to make sure we do not admit a bluenose bowdleriser to cause mischief. Besides, his complaints are already handled by the Moderation extension allowing us to filter illegal or one-handed editing on certain morally unsavory topics, so it's a moot point this party is arguing.

Unrelated, but I pray all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, for those who have celebrated it as I have.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXVI - by GethN7 - 11-26-2022, 01:47 AM