Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polarizing stories spotted in the news
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news
(moverd from DW General/Images thread)

(03-19-2024, 07:31 AM)robkelk Wrote: Irregular Webcomic tries to be topical. Too bad the rumour was quashed before the strip ran.

For folks who don't follow the strip, the guy in the blue shirt really likes the letter X...

[Image: irreg5157.jpg]

Source

In this case, Green has it backwards from what I've seen - it would probably woo back a bunch of the fans who are pissed off about having orks excised for being "coded black" and stat bonuses of the various player species turned into a pick-what-you-want because they're called "races" and having them different from one another is therefore racist, and so on. And apparently some kind of official high school prom type thing somewhere that had people all assmad? I haven't followed D&D beyond being vaguely geek-culture-adjacent since the turn of the century, so I'm not sure.

Going mainstream was good for short term profits, but now the normies have moved in and are diluting the culture instead of assimilating to it. This is what happens when you don't gatekeep your hobby well enough.
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news - by classicdrogn - 03-19-2024, 03:32 PM