Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX
(04-03-2024, 07:54 AM)robkelk Wrote: What's with whatever tool we're using on the Reviews subpages not understanding the standard wiki formatting in the page description boxes? It reports at least one standard Magic Word as a missing template (although it actions the magic word correctly), it doesn't display the category "Reviews" in the category list, and it prefixes the word "Category:" to the categories that it does display (although it sends people to the correct categories). Somebody's going to wonder why the heck this thing is broken...

(04-03-2024, 12:41 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: The way we do reviews has long been broken. I have an archive of reviews carried over at the fork from TVT, and I haven't done anything with them because (among other reasons) of it.

Another thing I don't like about our Review plug-in/widget/gadget/whatever: its interaction with the Work page header is such that it created redlinks for Reviews subpages for ''every work on the wiki''. Bad enough in the past, but now that Special:Wanted Pages is cached and has a maximum of 5000 entries, these redlinks are crowding out the redlinks to pages that we really want.

Hence the sitenotice that I just posted on the wiki. We need to do something to make the redlink list useful again, and that "something" is either "junk the Review plug-in/widget/gadget/whatever" or "ask the Tropers to contribute reviews".
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX - by robkelk - 04-23-2024, 07:15 PM