Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX
(06-10-2024, 07:54 AM)robkelk Wrote: Looks like I've been rejecting a lot of edits by "Redmondeous23". I'd rather that they not think I'm picking on them... Could somebody else reject their attempt to turn the "Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy" example on "Can't Get Away with Nuthin'" into a Zero Context Example, please?

I'll do the needful.

BTW, TV Tropes has been doing two things very asinine lately, just bringing it up because one makes our life harder, one is just something I hope we aren't stupid enough to do.

One, they briefly had the edit history visible for non-users again, but quit allegedly for SEO reasons, but given the more embarassing things they like to hide can be seen in edit histories, more likely to make hiding that easier, as unlike MediaWiki, PmWiki does not have the ability to hide revisions, especially if the content was legally actionable like libel.

On the "wow, that's stupid" front, they been taking an axe to tropes with a LONG history and have stood the test of time, like "Char Clone" (which anime is STILL ripping off to this day), condensing them into redirects to other tropes when the "main trope" was still perfectly valid and the redirects may or may not always apply.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX - by GethN7 - 06-10-2024, 10:37 AM