Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick ALL the Starters, Part III: Fund ALL the Crowds!
RE: Kick ALL the Starters, Part III: Fund ALL the Crowds!
Another couple of campaigns I forgot to mention, one nearing its conclusion and one I meant to speak of as soon as it launched.

Alan Bahr of Gallant Knight Games Wrote:I grew up in the 90s as a goth kid (even if 20 years of corporate suit and tie life beat it out of me) and I have fond memories of the uniquely 90s culture of supernatural beings in trench coats (vampires, angels, and more) as well as roleplaying games at that time.

WINE DARK NIGHTS is my love-letter to that era. It's a distinctly unique snapshot in time, both in pop culture for me and what I was into, as well as how I gamed. In some ways, WDN an homage done through 30 years of game design growth, with a lens towards understand and reverse-engineering the ideas in a variety of sources. It's both how I wish I'd played games back then, and how I wish I'd learned to make games back then (even if I was only homebrewing). I tried to distill the game as small as possible and ended up with sub-60 pages of content! It's a stripped down, fast, right to the point kinda game, and I hope you love it.

This game is inspired by such games as Blades in the Dark and Trophy Dark, Vampire: The Masquerade and Vampire: The Requiem, Undying, King Arthur Pendragon, and Burning Wheel.

Just five buckadingdongs to get the PDF, two more for a print-on-demand code. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gal...ark-nights

Then an upcoming Onyx Path game whose campaign, for once, is coming from a creator other than the official Onyx Path accounts!

Jack Berkenstock Jr. Wrote:Eight worlds, one mission! Adventure in the eight realms and protect the citizens of the Branches from the Blight!

Eight distinct realms branching out from your new home, the Nexus; separated and kept from one another to contain a malevolent force known as the Blight. Bent on sowing chaos and disorder, the only thing that stands between the people of the realms and the power of the Blight is you, the Branch Riders! Armed with your training, your passion and special gifts you bring from your home realm, you must pursue your mission carefully as the realms do not know of each other, the Blight, or the existence of Branch Riders. Protecting them becomes a game of battle and subterfuge, foiling the Blight and then returning to the Nexus to debrief and recover.

Branch Riders is an easy to play narrative driven role playing game built on the concepts of action, investigation, and creative play. Your missions take you to one of eight distinct realms, each based on a different genre. You venture forth from your new home, the Nexus, a respite between worlds.

You may be called to rescue a failed Branch Rider team, start a rebellion, or simply help a fledgling superhero find their place in the world. Players track the team’s Exposure - how aware the Blight is of their presence - and as Exposure increases, the mission becomes more difficult and dangerous. You utilize amazing gifts you bring from your home-realm, but their power risks Exposure - the energy they radiate from another realm is a beacon to your enemy.

Branch Riders is easy to learn and fun to play, encouraging creative problem-solving as well as tactical decision-making and rich storytelling central to the mechanics. Dice-rolls always move the story forward, and condition cards track the consequences of your actions. The Branch Riders will have to use every ability at their disposal to overcome the Blight!

A Deeper Game
Branch Riders originally was born from our work as a non-profit as well as our love of tabletop games. The Bodhana Group utilizes tabletop games for education, capacity building and therapy. A large facet of our work is providing training for practitioners, educators and parents on how to best use games in this way.

During these training sessions we are asked how we come up with settings that match well to therapy. Some counselors and therapists found creating settings to be a challenge when running tabletop RPG. We envisioned a game that could provide a way to match settings and in-game situations with therapeutic concepts.

Branch Riders was designed for fun but built for therapists, educators, and parents who, if they wished, could use the system to help players work on important goals. Telling good stories is at the heart of Branch Riders. Using it for therapy is just one more benefit it provides.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tbg...aying-game

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kick ALL the Starters, Part III: Fund ALL the Crowds! - by Mamorien - 06-18-2024, 09:14 PM