Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanfic Recommendations: The Next Generation
RE: Fanfic Recommendations: The Next Generation
I thought I'd found out about the soft animal of your body on these very fora, but when an update to now that you're choosing this (see below) reminded me of it after years of silence, the searches I would have expected to turn it up have come to nought, so I'm recommending it now.

Vorpal_Sword Wrote:Leverage Daemon AU.

Title from Wild Geese, by Mary Oliver:

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

Notes:
This series is currently in the order in which I wrote them. In chronological order, they are:
-nothing on earth can silence (settling fic, various times pre-Leverage)
-now that you're choosing this (backstory fic, various times pre-Leverage)
-no matter how lonely (Season 1: Episode 1, the Nigerian Job)
-the stars began to burn (post-Season 1 finale)
-the place you fight cruelty (The Big Bang Job/Season 3 finale)
-all history's a winter sport or three (Season 4: Episode 1, the Long Way Down Job)
-an elegant accessory for a more civilized daemon (unspecified, early in Season 4)
-if you ever catch your breath (Season 4: Episode 7, the Grave Danger Job)
-your place in the family of things (Season 5: Episode 9, the Rundown Job)

https://archiveofourown.org/series/1483046

And here's the start of the story that poked me. Second chapter to follow in updates.

Quote:Before Bering Aerospace, before Leverage, each member of the team shocked and, sometimes, devastated, their loved ones by abandoning the path laid out for them in favor of the road that would eventually lead them to each other. Except for Parker. Until Leverage, no one cared about Parker enough to be shocked or devastated by her choices. She did manage to surprise Archie a time or two, though.

These are those stories.

Title and chapter titles from Defying Gravity, from Wicked.

This chapter contains a brief homophobic and misogynist comment and a longer discussion of homophobia, including Don't Ask Don't Tell, as well as some internalized biphobia, and discussion of past character death.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/231815...s/55488319

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fanfic Recommendations: The Next Generation - by Mamorien - 06-27-2024, 09:03 PM