Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX
(07-06-2024, 06:05 PM)robkelk Wrote: I don't know what's causing it, and I can't figure out how to fix it...

The second section on Kyonyuu Fantasy/Characters/Antagonists. "Prefect Irboyne", is being treated as part of the first section, "Prince Bobon von Diamante". This appears to be what's causing the remaining "Misnested tag with different rendering in HTML5 and HTML4" Lint Error on the wiki.

I've tried putting another section between the two sections. It was treated as part of the first section as well.

I tried replacing the entire page content with a single line that didn't have any page sections in it at all, waiting a few seconds, and replacing the old text. The problem came back with the text.

I've scanned the text for non-printing characters that might be causing issues. There are none.

Is this a software issue? Do we have to file a bug report with the MediaWiki folks in order to get this fixed?

Sounds like an internal issue worth reporting. Wikitext is rendered to the clientside in regular HTML, and ordinarily, it tries to covert the MW parser language to a sensible HTML equivalent. Unfortunately, if there is some crossed wires on the backend and they are using outdated HTML practices to do the conversion somewhere, that could explain it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX - by GethN7 - 07-06-2024, 06:12 PM