Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fic Update Thread 54: Find a spot out on the floor!
RE: Fic Update Thread 54: Find a spot out on the floor!
Antediluvian (at least as far after Soul Eater, I think, as SE is after Fire Force) Pt. III: Dier, Chpt. VIII: Forswelt.

Femdjinn Wrote:The woman took a step. Stopped. “Is it true?” Her voice was so quiet Deniz wasn’t sure she was still speaking to them. “That you worship a god?”

“No,” Omar spoke before Deniz could. “Lord Death doesn’t allow anyone to worship him. We work for him.”

“I see.” Her head tilted her gaze down to her feet. “…is he kind? Does he forgive?”

Omar hesitated as he tried to understand the social cues in the woman’s hushed, meek, questioning. “…yeah, I guess.”

“…I see.” She dusted invisible debris from her robes as she straightened once more. “Good luck.” And she was gone.

(...)

“You don’t have to answer,” Benni had lowered her voice conspiratorially. “I don’t care what or where they are. I’m just thinking that that might the answer. All we need to do is set those same wards at my new accommodations.” Hearing how ridiculous she sounded - she couldn’t assume that whoever or whatever had set up Shibusen’s protections was still alive- she added “or at least find a place with them already active.”

Several emotions had flashed across Cam’s face. Shock, concern, astonishment. The former secretary ran the gamut of sensation before settling on a surprisingly epiphanic look.

“…that…might work,” he finally conceded. Benni had released a breath she hadn’t known she was holding, her face lighting up with a smile she couldn’t contain. “Really?” The man stroked his short beard thoughtfully.

“Yeah. Well, maybe.” He sighed. “There’s an old property a couple of kilometers away from Shibusen. Down the other side of the hill from the main street metro center.” He jerked his thumb like Benni could see through walls and to where he gestured. “I believe it’s still owned by Lord Death, but it hasn’t been used in decades. Might not be the most up to date accommodations.” His eyes came back to Benni. A finger tapped his bicep as he crossed his arms and crunched logistics.

“It’s got a pretty good commute to the school, and I think…nah, it definitely has wards that rival the DWMA’s.” His nose wrinkled. “I mean, until we get permission from the Boss I don’t even know if we should consider it. But it seems to match your discerning preferences.”

That was enough for Benni. She had to keep from sprinted as she went back to her bed to lift her laptop. It had miraculously survived her downtown battle; though the same couldn’t be said for her phone or knife. “It’s worth a shot. Worst case, I’m surfing on your couch, right?” Cam scoffed as the witch smiled at him. “What’s the address?” She had intended to email Accounting. It was possible they may still have had it on the books if it was previously used as housing by the school.

“It’s uh…” he cleared his throat and averted his eyes. An odd response that Benni chose to ignore. She intended to get her way, regardless. “I don’t really know the address, just the name. Gallows Manor.”

https://archiveofourown.org/works/449614.../147386281

(Apologies if this double-posts, but I was told that the page could not be displayed because an internal error had occurred.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fic Update Thread 54: Find a spot out on the floor! - by Mamorien - 08-04-2024, 09:04 PM