Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fic Update Thread 54: Find a spot out on the floor!
RE: Fic Update Thread 54: Find a spot out on the floor!
Danger Zone Brockton (Worm/Trinity Continuum: Aberrant) Chapter 17 or 30: New Beginnings.

Avrjoe Wrote:“Hey, John!” A voice called out.

The group turned to look as a red-headed young woman on crutches approached.

“Oh hey, Jess! Guys this is Jess she's been a regular customer. She's trying to set up a web stream for video games. Real bargain hunter, this one. She's been out of town for a week or so.”

“Oh my God that wasn't from the attack was it?” Vista asked.

“It wouldn't be that level of atrophy doesn't happen that fast. In fact, I'd say you only recently worked your way up to crutches.” Amy speculated

“Oh wow, Panacea. Yeah, I was here trying to get on the waiting list. I was in a wheelchair. A tumor damaged my spine when I was four. After the attack healers and Tinkers were offering public healing and my request was forwarded to those lists.”

“Who worked on you?” Mary asked, her curiosity piqued.

“I had to go to Boston. This lab called Vitatech said they could repair Nerve damage with this new wonder material called Eufiber.”

(...)

Contessa burst into the room

“What is the worst sin we have committed in your opinion?” she demanded.

Taken by surprise Alexandria and Legend both did a quick spin. They looked at where she had been in the back of their room then back again. Amos kept his eyes glued to the screen.

Surprised Danger's carefully neutral look vanished betraying confusion. Then resolve settled in on it.

“Hundreds of millions dead, a world dying by inches, hope for the future guttering? What sin could compare to releasing the Endbringers into the world.” He said with disgust.

“The what?” Doctor Mother exclaimed

“He's not lying! He thinks we did that!” Alexandria added into the mic.

“I assure you we most certainly did not!” Doctor Mother refuted.

“Oh, I assure you you most certainly did.” The Teen spat back with a sneer.

For a moment Hebert and danger glared at Doctor Mother and Contessa. The lab techs quietly exited the room deciding they wanted no part of this.

Danger's expression slowly flagged. You really didn't know? My God. Morally that makes you look better but if we're judging on competence-”

“I think we have some investigation to do," Doctor Mother announced.

“Yeah, I'd be trying to figure that shit out,” Danny added.

Danger gave a nod and both men exited. When the door closed Contessa leaned heavily on the table.

“Pathing told me we would get the better of the exchange. We'd receive. More important information but I almost wish we hadn't.” Contessa said, her head bowing under the weight of revelation.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/474981.../147521953

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fic Update Thread 54: Find a spot out on the floor! - by Mamorien - 08-06-2024, 09:02 PM