Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Apartment Manager is not a Planning Thread, #14
RE: My Apartment Manager is not a Planning Thread, #14
Does anyone know how old the Amazon Quartet/Sailor Quartet is?

Okay, so we're not using "Amazoness" because Wikitionary says not to use it, that it's basically a translation of Amazones, the plural of Amazon in Greek.  So it's just a plural error introduced Japanese, "Amazons Quartet".

Of course, if you go deeper, Amazon is probably from Persian "*hamazan" for "warrior", which Greeks heard as "a-mazon", literally "no breast".  All of the best stories originally come from puns. And in Sailor Moon, they're still kids as long as they have their Amazon Tama – is the symbolism really this blatant?  It's a different meaning of "no breasts" (one more familiar to Lina Inverse) but it kind of works.  They won't develop into women so long as they keep the ball/gem/stone, and thus keep Peter Panning.

In the absence of any canon timeline, I'd put them at age 11 or 12, the "tweenage" years being the real cusp at the end of childhood, where all of that change happens.  They're kind of supposed to be in Small Lady's cohort, but there's time travel shenanigans on both sides.  Maybe they were originally born in Usagi's cohort, but Nehelenia's magic kept them young for a bit?  I could also choose to age them up a little beyond that when they enter our setting.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Apartment Manager is not a Planning Thread, #14 - by Labster - 08-10-2024, 07:21 PM