Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXX
Okay, I just looked at a sampling of his edits. They all appear to be just transferring trope entries from the Taerel page (where they've already been approved) to the relevant trope pages. However, that's exactly what it is -- a simple cut'n'paste, with no thought to necessary context. For instance, "Alien Sky":

Quote:* ''[[Taerel]]'': Taerel has a strange sky with three moons, one on the West, one on the North and one on the East. This is stated in the Diwarale Kin'toni Clan's page.

With no indication what the "Diwarale Kin'toni Clan's page" is or where it can be found.

We don't have to worry about copyright infringement -- or at least any more than we did for the main page itself -- but we're going to have to check them to make sure that what he cut'n'pasted isn't lacking important context.

Quote:they're bugging me in Discord about approving edits.

Point them at the notice that explicitly says "72-hour turnaround". And mention that they only posted the edits like six hours ago. We've nearly banned people for being obnoxious about approving edits before.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXX - by Bob Schroeck - 08-24-2024, 08:51 PM