Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fic Update Thread: I can't drive 55
RE: Fic Update Thread: I can't drive 55
Beware of Cloud (A Beware of Chicken AU Timeline) Chapter Fifty-Three: Trials of Winter, Part Two.

Kenainath Wrote:The first thing I see is a giant spiraling staircase at least two dozen li away, winding around a central pillar at least sixty li high. The staircase rises through four floors, and through the square-shaped openings in those floors to permit the staircase through, I see massive floor-to-ceiling bookshelves. At each floor, a bridge of ice reaches out to the staircase, allowing people to make their way out onto the desired floor.

Similar bookshelves cover the entirety of this floor, and every single shelf is absolutely filled with scrolls piled high. There have to be at the very least hundreds of millions of scrolls and books here, if not billions. On this floor alone. I glance at my storage rings, consider exactly how many spare storage rings I have on me, and glance back at the shelves. Even if we were going to try and loot this place, there is no way in hell that our group has anywhere near enough space available to make so much as a dent in this massive library. I step forward, and find my face smashing into the air, which has hardened into an invisible barrier. The invisible barrier is hard enough to give me a bloody nose, droplets of red falling to the icy floor.

My Qi reacts with a sudden rush of heat throughout my body that quickly rushes to the injury, stemming the flow of blood and subsiding the pain in one moment of thought.. As if triggered by my attempt to enter the library, a pedestal of ice next to the door starts glowing with an internal light. Projecting characters into the air that draws my attention.

The Library welcomes the Honored Guest to the Black Turtle Floor of the Library. The Guest's access has been set to Spiritual-level access. Entry to the library proper is prohibited until such time as Guest is granted Prince-level access. Records will be retrieved as required for the Guest via the Library sorting system. Strongest skills recorded as elemental Qi manipulation, formation techniques, Spiritual Herb growth, and Intent. Interest noted in historical records and medical techniques. Retrieving suitable information from the Archives…

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...-104466298

Messages In This Thread
Fic Update Thread: I can't drive 55 - by Norgarth - 08-16-2024, 06:38 PM
RE: Fic Update Thread: I can't drive 55 - by aku - 08-21-2024, 02:55 PM
RE: Fic Update Thread: I can't drive 55 - by Mamorien - 08-30-2024, 10:22 PM
RE: Fic Update Thread: I can't drive 55 - by aku - 09-16-2024, 06:49 AM
RE: Fic Update Thread: I can't drive 55 - by NifT - 09-16-2024, 11:34 AM